VOLition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why do it?

2 posters

Go down

why do it? Empty why do it?

Post  C&S Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

I don't self-hurt and I really don't understand it. I'm sure it gets aggrivating to always be asked this, but please anyone who does, why?
C&S
C&S

Back to top Go down

why do it? Empty Re: why do it?

Post  JB Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Good question! And a common one. It's hard to pin down the reasons for hurting myself in words. It's complicated. Smile It's a release when I can't open up in any other way. It's a way to punish myself when I feel like I need it. The scars give me a tangible expression of pain. Helping it heal is nurturing. It does hurt, at least for me. (Some self-injurers say it doesn't hurt for them.) I'm fuzzy on how/when I got started. I know that it was in junior high - so many years ago! Razz I did it because there didn't seem to be any other option and I had to do something. But everyone is different. I'd love to hear other people's stories. Smile
JB
JB
Admin

https://volition.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  C&S Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:04 am

Thanks for your response! Did something plant the idea in your head? Did you hear/read about cutting and decide to try it? Is it an addiction? Thanks for humoring me. Smile
C&S
C&S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum